PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK / Seychelles near miss - 14 July '17
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2017, 19:05
glofish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
brakedwell, Yawstring

Careful guys! You might run into the self appointed pprune police (who might refer again to what exactly pprune means).

Apparently we should never speculate on these pages (review meaning of rumour ....), we should never mention any opinion (apparently it's like something everyone has ...) before there has been a thorough investigation (that is certainly neither tainted nor vetted by the participating companies, manufacturers, authorities, thus extremely trustworthy ....), we should never point at an eventual mistake of any colleagues, because we don't know what was heard in the cockpit, but it is legitimate to incriminate ATC, because apparently we know exactly (through the same tape!) what the controller had heard .....

i know what some on here mean by that. It's Monday morning quarterbacking. And this is open to criticism, sure enough.
But that's all it is on these pages, or it would be a NTSB/FAA homepage (or any equivalent)!

Sure enough we can't trust tapes or other witnessing media 100%, but can we trust reports from involved agencies? I have once been involved with a serious incident a couple of years before and the report does not come close enough to the truth I had experienced. Even today there is still speculation about the incident, almost as vividly as the first day after, with similar dissenting contributions and a lot of voices trying to shut the others up for apparently not having the full picture. Who has?

We never have. But as long as these threads are rumours among professional pilots, we should be allowed to speculate, to have an opinion, to put it on here. You can always dissent, contradict and have another one, but as to today we are not in Turkey, Iran or North Korea. We are free to do so, otherwise close down this site.

I truly believe that we can learn in reading dissenting opinions if we don't just cry them down because we don't like them.