PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK / Seychelles near miss - 14 July '17
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2017, 15:33
harry the cod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Events such as these are not uncommon. Reading the weekly ASR reports will reveal the frequency of such incidents.

Whilst good to generate healthy discussion on these forums, many are turning judge and jury without being in possession of all the pieces of the jigsaw. The fact that the EK crew have been removed from roster does not imply they're to blame for this event. It is normal for any crew involved in an incident such as this to be removed pending investigation. It's not a procedure unique to EK.

Thread drift? That wasn't the intention as many are missing the point regarding previous posts. Most of the discussions revolved around the event itself. My input was the possible deep rooted causal factor. It may or may not have been an issue in this case but if so, reflects a noticeable change in flight deck attitude within the last few years. It's not just one individual act that defines are professionalism, but a combination. What you do, what you wear, how you behave, that's entirely up to you. However, those actions have consequences. Whether we like it or not, we set the tone and are role models for the crew, both in front of and behind the door. You can't just decide on a daily basis how to behave. It's a mindset that sets your own professional compass and filters down to every other person on the crew. Contrary to previous comments, promoting high professional standards and being a nice guy to fly with are not mutually exclusive!

As for wearing the hat in Spinneys MM, you'll see me in Carrefour. Without a pay rise this year, Spinneys is banned!

Mos hit the nail on the head, I'll leave it there with this thread.

Harry