PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON -8
Thread: LUTON -8
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2017, 18:23
Lee Baker Street

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LTN's busiest weekend?

Originally Posted by pabely
I must be above average, 16 times but more from LCY & LGW I'm afraid.
I have just read an interesting article based on today, tommorow and Sunday being Luton's busiest weekend at the airport.

Spokesperson Neil Bradford is advising travellers to leiave plenty of time to get to the airport and clear security before your flight: "We would like to thank passengers for their patience and understanding as the transformation continues.

This will be the busiest summer we have ever had - and this weekend alone we are expecting 85,000 people to jet off, with today being the busiest".

It states and I quote: "Nearly 30,000 passengers are due to use the airport on the Bedfordshire/Hertfordshire border today. The figure's likely to be around 26,200 on Saturday and 28,800 on Sunday."

If the figures above represent the busiest three days of the year then surely Luton can only be handling 365 days x 30,000 (max) being it's busiest =10,950,000 passengers this year!

Someone needs to advise Luton Airport Management/Spokespersons what is 'actually' going on and how the airport has moved on over the last few years..!