PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - To B or not to B
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2017, 23:55
Trafalgar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, the problem I see in that is simply this: many of the pilots on ARAPA have taken out large mortgages based on the implied level of housing monthly for up to 15 years. To pull away that support would be morally untenable (I know....I do realise who we are working for!), and push many of them quickly into bankruptcy. It is fair to assume that the company will continue to at least keep paying it until the individuals housing has reached the full 15 year point. Even so, many have already reached that point, and they continue to pay. And many of the recipients are C and T members. Having spoken with many over the past few years, it is pretty certain that many of the more senior members would quit the same day if housing was withdrawn. As Clint Eastwood once said...."so punk...do you feel lucky....go ahead, make my day...." :-) It's an interesting debate, and coalesces all of the companies potential to push the pilots off the last remaining cliff. Of course, there is a very good chance it takes the company itself off the same cliff with them. Are they that reckless? Hmmm, we'll see.

Last edited by Trafalgar; 21st Jul 2017 at 01:07.