PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Darwin
Thread: Darwin
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2003, 06:59
Pharcarnell

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lloyd

Yeah, we've got crime, but show me a place that hasn't and I'll show you a nuclear desert. It's not as bad as the media beatups for ratings would suggest.

With the gas and railway approaching "they" have used those excuses to begin ramping up the prices again. Be quick if you're coming.

Palmerston's reputation as a dole bludger dump is being reduced as the Housing Commission places are sold off to dilute the concentration of welfare cases. Also the DHA have started a trend of buying whole new subdivisions and then selling every other one, so you can be surrounded by the military.

The CBD is still undergoing a bit of "Urban Renewal" so there are a lot of brand new apartment style places coming on line, but for a family there are not too many "family" homes. The burbs are still the go for that.

I've been here 20 years and have travelled out to the rest of Oz a lot. I still think, even with the higher general costs, this is the place to be. The rest of Oz needs to catch up with our lifestyle.