PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 6
View Single Post
Old 13th Jul 2017, 16:28
SWBKCB

Received 95 Likes on 65 Posts
N-M-B - I've no problem with DTVA using some of the site for housing, I'm all for anything which makes the site more viable, but the concern at DTVA is the location. As well as being very close to the apron and taxiways, it effectively hems in the terminal - my recollection is the main access to the terminal will be through the new housing estate, access to any commercial development on the south side will run alongside and most of the terminal car parking will disappear.

EGPO - where to start?

DTVA cancelled the contract with TUI

KLM have already withdrawn the Fk.100 - the Fk.70's (80 seats) are being replaced by EMB-175's (88 seats) so little change. These are the smallest a/c in the fleet. They seem to have a profitable core of business travellers so don't see anything changing soon. The terminal is to be re-furbished, and I wouldn't be surprised if KLM did some prompting.

The owners plan to save the airport is a mix of developing the site for housing and commercial use, maintain/attract a limited number of airline routes and to develop non-airline aviation businesses.