PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - friends, salaries and aviation
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2003, 15:21
JJflyer
ZbV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Worldwide license

Hello Bert.

Savings, yes, there would be and you are right too. We can't have that. Training centers and flight schools would lose too much money in the game. UK schools are allready screaming bloody murder about losing students to "Cheap" schools outside the country. Am I surprised about UK schools losing students and not being able to compete with foreign schools. No! When ATPL theoretical course costs over 4000 UK pounds and you can do the same course in an other EU country for less than half, no wonder.

Back to subject

There are several issues that face contract pilot

Converting licenses is just one problem with all theother that face contract pilots. Salaries and the lack of it being the one of the biggest.

I argue that if a company treats it's employees fairly one will be more willing to work for less money and be more motivated to do their best. Nothing pisses me off more than not getting being paid on time and when asking for the money getting all the lied right to your face.
Many companies nowadays resort to lies, threats and deception as their modus operandi. They fail to understand that these practices actually reduce profitability and thus affect the company in long term.
From a pilots point of view this generates a problem as there is allways someone who is willing to step in and take your job.

All for now

JJ