PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Darwin
Thread: Darwin
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2003, 13:43
Capt Claret

Bottums Up

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lloyd.

Having lived in Darwin for 8 of the last 10 years, I don't know that one area is better than another crime wise.

Spent two years in Perth in the late 90's and was surprised that The West claimed that Perth had the highest crime rate in Australia, yet the NT News makes the same claim about Darwin as does the local rag at Mackay!

Haven't heard any of the locals use the term 3x1, I assume you mean 3 bedrooms, 1 bathroom? In the mid 90's I paid about $280 per week for such a house in Anula (nthrn subs, nr apt), included pool and aircon to all bedrooms. Later paid $210 for a 3x1 unit, in Northlakes, also nthn subs nr apt.

Units close to town go for $250-$350+ (k$ to buy or $/wk to rent).

Try visiting the REINT and follow the links to Real Estate agents, they should be able to email info. Alternately try the highly disregarded NT News for links to classifieds.

As with the rest of the country, Sat & Wed are the big real estate days in the paper. You might be able to get hold a copies of the NT News depending on your location (WA?).

Just be prepared though, service to the customer is a very low priority in Darwin!