PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - friends, salaries and aviation
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2003, 23:19
JJflyer
ZbV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow More on Validations

Yip. I flew pt135 in US for a few years with a "Fly by night" (Literally) operation. As I had done my training in US ad had FAA CPL I was set to go. Immigration was a totally different issue and
I will not tackle that.

To get a validation in RSA one need to complete some written exams, namely air law, have a class one medical and complete a flight test in the type of aircraft to be operated. Apparently there are 2 types of validations. One allows to operate in RSA and the other is only valid outside the borders.

A validation in Europe will allow you to fly commercially in and out as well as in Europe on the type and capacity validation has been issued. Not easy to get one, but can be done. UK seems to have the least friendly CAA in Europe. Biggest problem still is how rules are interpreted by different CAA's around Europe. Finland will issue a validation for a year only, and it cannot be renewed. Ireland willl validate a license for 6 moths at the time, renewals are possible. Iceland will validate for a year with renewal possibilities.

Biggest difference to RSA seems to be that individuals cannot apply for a validation of a professional license, rather it has to be done by a company. So one needs to have a job to get a validation. Guess it's catch 22.

JJ