PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON -8
Thread: LUTON -8
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2017, 17:31
Lee Baker Street

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@LTNman, "The reason claimed by the airport in their planning application is that as the rest of the redevelopment has a maximum capacity of 18 million passengers there was no point in giving the runway a higher capacity at a greater expense as that extra capacity could not be used."

If LTN can handle 'any passenger level above 1.5 million in any given month' then that will suggest to me the airport can exceed the 18 MPPA target.

I anticipate that this 'August' passenger levels will exceed or be on a par with what LTN would on average would have handled in total in any full year during the 1980's! Could LTN be handling 1.7 million passengers in August?

In effect, extra stands, a taxiway not yet completed, ATC reaching it's peak-can LTN cope?

I say yes.

In the next few years (LTNman I admit is probably more knowlegable than me) a new lease will attract a new company but that company will want even further growth in order that it's investment brings in a 'return' for it's shareholders. In turn LBC the owner (on behalf of people like me) Luton residents will want further investment and it is people like me that wants 'true investment' not 110 million or even 120 million pounds investment but more like 300 million pounds plus!

Luton Airport was once described as a 'golden gem' it is that 'gem' that needs to be realised!

I can not wait for figures in relation to August 2017 passenger figures! August can prove what 'potentially' the airport can handle in any given year based on current infrastructure!