PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - To all Dick dislikers...
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2003, 08:06
triadic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Andrew...

It works in the US, NAS will work here and the odd RPT 'hero' who doesn't like it will just have to either get used to it or practise saying "would you like fries with that!"
Yes it may well, but in the process there are some hurdles to jump and they include recognition that we have a very different culture and upbringing here and that the education will have to be significant and ONGOING in order to make it work.

To date the education program is still classified it seems!

I am both an IFR pilot and VFR owner with many years in the industry and I find it criminal that the system does not seem to care about the VFR participant in the airways system. If we educate the VFR pilot in the same manner as the USA then we are stepping in the right direction, but I have seen no sign of that as yet!

Let's see AOPA push for the education program to be out in the open. And I believe it must be ongoing - for years if necessary!

There are pilots out there now that have very little or no knowledge of the airways system when they should and this is the fault of CASA and the flying training system I believe. With all this change, who is taking responsibility to (re)train these individuals?

(and Yes, I am an AOPA member)

"No known traffic"