PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Admin Guru = Working Hard
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2003, 05:55
Titan Locked

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Working Hard

Soz old chap - couldn't find any comment from yourself on the Red Arrows thread (the one started by Mr Draper on the Mil Forum) hence my barbed comment. Out of idle curiosity would you support a combined mandatory mil/civil low level notification scheme? The military already have one in place (low level booking cell etc, albeit it is by area rather than flight plan / exact route) bur unfortunately unless a civil pilot raises a CANP (which if I understand the banter is not compulsory) we have no idea where and when bug smashers may be around. This will of not course make a jot of differenec to those pilots who would fly illegally regardless but thankfully there are very few of those.

At the end of the day real incidents are mercifully few. I'm sure a few civil pilots (and mil pilots) have been scraed witless by another aircraft in close proximity but it does irritate somewhat when the military always appear to get the blame.

We both have our opinions - I guess never the two will meet.

Regards

TL

PS - the extract in the Jaguar/Cessna thread was a copy from another document, if you get my drift....!!

How long till the weekend??? It's been a long week already.