PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tiger Moth incident at Brimpton
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2017, 08:54
colled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by B737C525
Colled, it's not possible to send you a PM because you are a new member here, so forgive me asking publically: Did the investigators speak to you to gather your eye witness account?
No they didn't ask me and I was not actually aware of any investigators going around asking for witnesses but I assume they must have asked for some witnesses though, surely! Anybody on here get asked? The AAIB report seemed to be an account from the pilot's perspective and was a bit vague on what actually happened. It sounded like he suddenly and unexpectedly departed the runway, aborted the flight and rolled into the car enclosure. In reality all control was lost hundreds of metres before the crash event, and from what I saw the flight was not aborted, it was still under full power and in the air (not rolling along the ground) just before it hit. The photo in the report tells a story though, showing a right wing drop on a stall attempting to be corrected by max left deflection of the ailerons, but no left rudder and also appears to be a dose of up elevator in as well.