PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA delays at LHR - Computer issue
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2017, 07:20
HamishMcBush

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MurphyWasRight
There is a common theme of 'passengers going for lowest fare get what they deserve'.
So just assuming I am willing to pay 10-20% more for better service where do I spend the money?
Indeed - for over 25 years when flying at my expense (rather than a company-purchased business trip, all too rare unfortunately as I love to travel) I chose to pay more and fly with British Airways as the service did appear to be better than low-cost carriers and many of the other "proper" airlines.

However now that BA seems keen on cutting costs and level of service (eg no food included on domestic and short-haul flights, pay to choose your seat and even then, no guarantee that you will actually get the seat you paid for) what is there left to distinguish it from many other carriers? What incentive is there to fly BA over any other airline any more?

And BTW, FWIW I got my refund paid direct into my bank account 3 weeks and 1 day after claiming for the downgrade resulting from the cancelled flight from the May fiasco; no compensation for the delay, meal I bought whilst waiting etc but then I don't think I was entitled as it was only another couple of hours, and I didn't claim for other extra expenses incurred. Bearing in mind how others suffered much more than I did, I'm prepared to accept what I got.

It was still a bit galling to look at the arrivals/departures boards in PHL and see that "my" flight was the only one cancelled or not running on time though