PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bahrain, Egypt, UAE & Saudi Arabia cut diplomatic ties with Qatar. Qatar aircraft ban
Old 18th Jun 2017, 16:07
Airbubba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by KelvinD
First, sorry for delay in replying, I had to undergo some minor surgery which occupied my mind for a while.
Hope your recovery goes well, that is more important than anything else we will discuss here.

So, want to repeat your stupid assertion that I have never flown an aircraft in the M.E.?
OK, I'll bite. So you say you've flown on aircraft in the Middle East. Pilots are indeed a vanishing breed here on the Professional Pilots Rumour Network.

Originally Posted by IBE8720
FYI
QR don't overfly Iraq, so any flight in Iraq airspace is landing in Iraq. Same with Syria, Syrian airspace is Prohibited for our Ops.
With that sort of info, you must be a CNN reporter.
Really? Explain QR8261 then. Currently (18:47 UK time) just passing NE of Baghdad en route to Liege. That is Liege in Belgium, not Liege Iraq!
Meanwhile, keep an eye on QR246, rapidly approaching the Turkish/Syrian border, just behind QR40. So, not only does that cover Syrian overflights, the projected tracks of both these flights will take them from Syria over Iraq.
So, your info is perhaps defective? Perhaps when you say "Prohibited for our Ops" you really meant to say "for someone's ops".
As you now admit, it was not IBE8720's information that was defective:

To the various others who criticised my posts re flights over Iraq; I got my data from a source that may have been extrapolating rather than producing an accurate fix from , contemporaneous data. So, I could blame the source.
And, as you admonished us for being skeptical of your faulty assertion of Iraq and Syria overflights by QR:

So, a tip from an old man; wind your neck in and make sure you know something about the subject before you come up with the amateur insults!
Sorry I called BS but I could tell that you didn't know what you were talking about in this case, IBE8720 did.