PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bahrain, Egypt, UAE & Saudi Arabia cut diplomatic ties with Qatar. Qatar aircraft ban
Old 18th Jun 2017, 13:05
KelvinD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lad, you can BS the fans here on PPRuNe but you can't BS the players
First, sorry for delay in replying, I had to undergo some minor surgery which occupied my mind for a while.
I have been gagging to reply to your juvenile posting, particularly in response to your comment: "Something tells me that you've never flown an aircraft in the Middle East."
First flight into the Middle East, 1966 or 51 years ago. Last flight 2015. During that half century period I had 5 years working for Saudi ATC, flying fairly often between airports in the area that you perhaps have not even heard of. The balance of that period was spent working largely with government organisations, Defence, Presidents' Offices, with Kings, Princes and sundry minor Sheikhs etc. Countries involved were all those in what is often known as the Middle East, except Lebanon and Turkey; from Yemen to Iraq and from Oman to Israel and all pointd in between, plus Egypt & Sudan.
So, want to repeat your stupid assertion that I have never flown an aircraft in the M.E.?
To the various others who criticised my posts re flights over Iraq; I got my data from a source that may have been extrapolating rather than producing an accurate fix from , contemporaneous data. So, I could blame the source. I have in fact flown over Baghdad with Qatar; daylight flight in glorious weather. However, that was about 4 years ago.