PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 6
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2017, 22:14
Robert-Ryan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, time to take a step back I think and look at this from a different angle, and try and explain why I feel how I feel rather than trying to ram it down peoples throats like I have previously and certainly like the likes of Bishop, Beafer et al do.

My problem with the negative brigade, or at least some of them, is two fold, firstly there are two types of negative user on here, and indeed in the real world, there are those who are generally negative but keep an open mind, whom I have no problem with, then there are the arrogant types who have to have the last word with their “the airport is doomed because I say it is” attitude and are not prepared to entertain any other scenario. Secondly how many of these people who scream that Peel are the devil are actually qualified or in a position to make such a judgement? Granted there will be some, but how many are just going off the BS that gets printed in the media, or second hand rumour/Chinese whispers? I have worked at the airport for a number of years now, survived redundancies and have had the master plan explained to me in great depth by senior management [go back through my post history and you'll get an idea of when this was, I was once anti-Peel believe it or not before I got wise!) in an effort to make me feel better about losing friends and colleagues to cost cutting – it doesn’t make me feel better about that but it does make me feel fearless about the future of the place and it damn well makes me more qualified than 95% on here when it comes to speculating [knowing] the true intentions of the owners.

To answer some other bramas:
then no doubt they believe that Peel will plough all the money back into the Airport from the sale of the land for the houses...
You’ll have an answer to this as conspiracy theorists always have an answer to everything…but I suppose an iron clad section 106 legal agreement isn’t good enough for you?

as they've had plenty of time to turn this place round.. 'well over a decade'
The above conspiracy theory prefix applies here too, but this is largely (though not entirely) down to the fact that the industry has changed dramatically over ten years, the real criticism is not so much that they haven’t done anything, it’s that they haven’t reacted and adapted to change sooner.

its not working as pax numbers are still dropping, so people like RR can come on here and say i've heard the Pax figures are healthy and KLM and Eastern are happy.. that's his opinion of it
Yes, it is just my opinion, and if I’m not mistaken I made it clear it was exactly that, I don’t recall stating it as fact, and if I did then I’ll let you have this one and I stand corrected.

But what really really bugs me, is when the negative brigade come out with gems such as these:
but as I've found out, he talks a lot of speculation and cant back up his comments when questioned
and
but a few on here are completely blinkered
Whilst in many cases the first quote above may often be true…THESE COMMENTS APPLY TO THE ANTI-PEEL MOB EVERY BIT AS MUCH AS THE PRO-PEEL BUNCH!!!!
Given that 24H DOs, increased fire category and terminal refurbishments are things that have happened or are happening and can be seen with your own eyes, I don’t know what better qualifies as backing up my argument [on this occasion]!!

I’ll end on a footnote with a couple of things we can definitely agree on:

regarding the local councilor who said he'd buy back the airport if elected as mayor... Tosh! never trust a politician.... I certainly didn't fall for that rubbish
and
Believe it or not I want this place to succeed
I'll also acknowledge that those with a negative outlook have good reason for it.

hope I don't have to come back on here in ten years and say "well I did tell you that"
I hope [know] I will!!!