PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA delays at LHR - Computer issue
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2017, 14:01
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am still trying to find an answer to this scenario. EU261 is a law under which pax can claim against an airline for a variety of things.
You arrive in good time at an airport, and due to a variety of problems with the airport infrastructure e.g. check-in IT down, x-ray machines down, not enough staff to process pax in time etc. etc. the outcome is you miss your flight. It is not the fault of the airline, nor you and it is not an act of God not out of control of the airport.
What are your rights and how do you claim? I'm assuming that if the airlines can't get away with it then neither can the airport.
There was a case recently, at a couple of major airports, where the check-in desks IT went down and 000's missed their flights: plus at another, not enough staff to operate the x-ray machines with the same result for 00's of pax.

You then get the hysterical passenger who loses it and screams blue murder along the lines of, "I've had it with this hole and could kill somebody." Do you call out the Swat team and bomb squad and clear the whole terminal?