PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON -8
Thread: LUTON -8
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2017, 07:01
Lee Baker Street

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrivals 22.00 - 23.00

Originally Posted by LTNman
I take it that you were on the last flights of the day for each aircraft and both aircraft were night stopping, which would explain why the aircraft parked where they did.

I could be wrong but I think stand 16 is still being used by Signature overnight so the pond parking must have been either stands 17,18, or 19. During the day Signature spread out onto the other stands.
Hello LTNman,

On the first arrival to LTN we parked on stand 18 and there was another U2 parked on stand 17. On the second arrival we parked on either stand 20 or 20R. I did notice that the new stand to our left was marked up and possibly by now ready for use? The only reason I mentioned this was because when we were bussed to the terminal there were plenty of stands empty on the East apron. Interestingly a few minutes later once I vacated the terminal I noticed three EasyJet A/C now parked on the South stands.

On a different note, when departing from LTN on both occasions and during peak hours there was a total lack of seating, as mentioned many times in this forum. I am not sure what the airport has planned but believe they need to 'purchase' between 500 and 600 chairs to accomodate passengers in the departure lounge-hopefully one that is to be extended as was simply far too small.