PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 6
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2017, 12:40
Robert-Ryan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seems everything is pg me off today - are we really going to go over this again?!

But you are missing the main point..the owners don't want flights..solution ,get new owners..obvious!!??
This is your opinion, do not state it as fact.

Most on here do not need me to remind them that leisure flights are not profitable, something myself and others struggled to prove at first but thankfully is now widely accepted within the industry. You make profit from retail, car parking etc, but it takes mass volume to unlock this profit, volume that DTVA has never had. So yes, Peel's focus may be on other areas of aviation and non-aviation, but that does not mean they are purposely not looking for new routes, they are always talking to airlines.

As I said previously, DOs going 24H, fire about to go up to CAT6, and a terminal refurbishment, all things that they would not do if they did not want the airport to succeed.

Furthermore, I know a couple of people who have directly asked the CEO of Jet2 face-to-face if they would ever come here, and he has said no because it would be extra expense and they would only be poaching their existing passengers.

So Highwide, wynd your neck in, and Beafer quit with the spamful, largely off topic posts...who gives a monkeys what Peel choose to do away from DTVA?