PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON -8
Thread: LUTON -8
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2017, 11:00
Level bust

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just returned from flying in and out of Luton for the first time in a couple of years.

Going out we had a 0555 departure (ugh!), so no problems, dropped our bag off at the self service bag drop, which was easy and through security in 5 - 10 minutes. I dread to think what is would be like if you departed later. By the time we boarded at 0530 the departure lounge was heaving with not a chair in site and people sitting on floors everywhere.

Coming back last night was a breeze. Landed at 2320 and drove out the Mid-term car park at 2345. That was after parking on Stand 11, bussed to the terminal and collecting a bag. It was helped by knowing what goes on as opposed to a plane load of pax with airport brain! Most rushed off the a/c, whereas we were off nearly last, so last on the bus, therefore first off, which meant my son and I were first into the Immigration Hall! Crowds of people but no-one using the E-Passport machines. Bag arrived on the carosel at the same time as us, bus to the mid-term and home by 0015. 55 minutes from landing to getting into my front door, would have been quicker but for road works on the A505 between Stopsley and Hitchin!

Last edited by Level bust; 9th Jun 2017 at 15:14. Reason: Correct spelling mistakes