PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Can you buy a 4seater tourer and aerobatic aircraft?
Old 7th Jun 2017, 05:47
browntrout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you Pilot DAR

Pilot DAR,

Thank you for your input, I truly appreciate it. I read the entire posting in this thread, and searched each of the aircraft mentioned. The difference with me and the original poster is that I have 0 hours right now, and need a decent trainer first, then a trouring plane, then and only then an aerobatic plane when I am a competent pilot again. I understand the compromise, but I am not looking to get into competition, just go up and have a little fun. I just watched the Yak 18 and the Saab videos, and they look like great planes for this purpose. Just concerned about the costs involved in a foreign plane's upkeep and MOH, etc... I am not currently interested in owning two planes until I am a competent pilot again.

Thank you, Greg.

Originally Posted by Pilot DAR
Welcome Browntrout, Your choices for 4 place aerobatic may be limited. As other pilots I know, it might be more to your liking, and cost effective, to own a modest touring plane, and an aerobatic type, even single seater, for aerobatic fun. One plane which does both will be a compromise....