PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Ngukurr chief pilot in court
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2003, 15:50
bush mechanics

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PROPS!!
mate Ididnt depart with a flat battery,I developed a flat battery mid flight,So I turned every thing off and only turned the radio on to make all station broadcasts when changeing FIS boundarys.
What are you going too do land in the middle of no where?And if you had a hand held radio whats the fuss to get a a/c back to base for repairs.You conserve your battery,Even if this means pumping your gear down (C210)Gear ops draws lots of current from your batery.None of these actions are puting anyone at risk.Reminds of a instructor at parafield who had a alternator prob.I asked him if he reset the alternator in flight?His words ,No way !I didnt whant the engine to stop!!!Well I couldnt believe my ears.A quick demo and his fears were put to rest.
PS I like it here in GA!!

I do remember being asked by the then C/P about why the gear in his chieftan wouldnt retract fully.I told him to check the gear resevoir,He said that he checked it and it was full.I checked the resevoir from inside the nose locker(the only way on chietans)And it was below the sight glass.He had in fact checked the brake resevoir on top of the nose!!!Didnt know his A/C to well