PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NOW start date
Thread: NOW start date
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2003, 06:09
Gypsy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To quote jmc-man: -

--------------------
It has yet to announce any serious Board Room members, and everything is being delayed because there is no money in the bank to commit to Reservation systems, aircraft , crews or anything else for that matter.

Before you all come back with another series of personal assaults, can I just remind you that these are my considered views....and those of fellow financial and aviation professionals. I don't ask you to agree with them, but if you are going to respond, can we keep it in the context of the thread.
------------------------

Well. I would have thought a former Director of Finance at Ernst and Young in charge of finance would have been a fairly serious appointment. The Chairman was founder of LIFFE and reading the rest of his bio on their website not what I'd call a lightweight. If you bother yourself with a brief look at their website, you will see that the CEO also seems to have held some fairly significant positions so I expect he knows a thing or 2 about business.

jmc-man - your considered views are in fact your considered guesswork. Unless NOW have been incredibly lax with their commercial security you cannot know whether or not they have money in the bank. I actually know some pilots offered employment by them and undergoing training (presumeably not being given for free) so you might have to retract some of your considered views.

This all reminds me as a fellow aviation professional of one of the maxims of flight safety which is 'don't assume - check'. I'm sure that we'd all agree wthat we should not deal with rumours and guesswork - work with facts.