PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mike Pence's plane skids off runway at LGA
Old 3rd Jun 2017, 18:27
Airbubba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've never flown the 737 and some of this stuff depends on the regs and aircraft certification. But wouldn't the crew be required to do some sort of slippery runway inflight landing performance assessment?

In the larger Boeings I would have to go to a QRH table for minimum flap and autobrake settings for actual conditions and reported braking action.

Also, a new runway condition reporting scheme came into effect a few weeks before this mishap, don't know if this will be a player in the analysis.

To me the CVR sounds like an experienced crew trying to get it right. They will inevitably be gigged for a little non-pertinent conversation below FL 180. Landing with flaps 30 instead of flaps 40 will be questioned.

As they repeatedly observed in their post-landing assessment, a go-around was definitely indicated.

Also, sounds like the captain got on the controls on rollout perhaps trying to take the plane off the right side of the runway instead of going into the localizer antenna and the expressway.