PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Cargo
Thread: EK Cargo
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2017, 17:41
Odins Raven

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by harry the cod
OR

Just because Jet 2 wouldn't use another airline, don't think EK wouldn't.

They have been for many years, especially in US & Caribbean (Delta, United & KLM are just some that have been used on Cargo ops previously). If they started positioning crew on the jumpseat, it would imply that jumpseat travel is OK, a path something even EK would be weary of treading.

However, as for those four leather reclining seats in the galley.....

Harry
I'm referring to the likelihood of positioning crew for the crew's own benefit, not the airline's, and you know what I meant Harry. No need to be facetious, I'm not one of your internet sparring buddies. I'm not sure I understand the relevance of the Jet2 comment either?

EK could quite easily position their own crew to an outstation THROUGH Dubai on EK itself. But that would be taking a revenue seat. By not including the dead heading as part of the contract they ensure that they make a profit every time the crew member travels to and from work. Think of it like Costa Coffee... it's a 25% discount but the real cost of production is a fraction of the cost of the drink even after the discount, so they make a huge profit out of crew in need of a boost. Not criticising it just stating a fact.

So I reiterate my OPINION that the Company won't offer deadheading options on other airlines. If you were a manager right now at EK would you suggest to the big boss that he invests some of his money in making profits for other airlines?