PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PIC hours as Cruise/Relief Captain
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2017, 03:35
RubberDogPoop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by B2N2
Under FAA there is such a thing as SIC type rating.
Anyway, when flying with an instructor both log PIC.
When an applicant flies with an examiner both log PIC.

Europe or the U.K. rather are the ones that muddy the water with
PIC
SPIC
PICUS

If you're qualified to fly the plane you log it as PIC when you're flying the plane.
In FAA land.
I'm bowing out.
These discussions occur every 28 days ( or is it 30?) and always ends in the same drama.
Look up your countries regs and save some bandwith.
JHTFC
Cool, take a genuine question, take offence (or is that offense according to the FAA), and take off.
For anyone that just wants to answer the question: I know there is an SiC rating, what differentiates a "SiC type rating" from a "PiC rating"?

Who carries the can if something goes belly-up?

Since you've further muddied the water, however, what countries allow a student pilot to log PiC alongside their instructor???

If the "applicant" fails his flight test with the examiner, do they both still log PiC?

It's hard to imagine separating each category as per Europe, is an example of muddy water, when the FAA just lumps all of them in together!
ad absurdism, can a Second Officer (yes, parts of the world have them) log PiC on a heavy jet that they hold a "full" type rating on - if they are PF? Is this, or was this the intent?

Instead of feeling the need to defend the FAA and/or your country, the "...that's not particularly logical though is it?", was actually an (admittedly obtuse) attempt to engage your thoughts on the subject. It's not actually a "drama", just tangential development of a discussion...

They may pop up every airac cycle, my cycle is more like 15 years and I'm constantly reminded why....