PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA delays at LHR - Computer issue
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2017, 12:27
XBA1709

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For those of you who didn't manage to read the 67 page Thomson Reuter transcript of the Nov 2015 IAG Capital Markets Day presentation here's a direct quote from page 46

'Willie Walsh - International Airlines Group - Group CEO
So I come back to what this is all about. Somebody asked me during the break there you know did I really give a speech around show me the money in a tapas bar in Madrid. And I have to say I was insulted because those of you that know me if you can picture me in the tapas bar with a glass of wine in my hand, I didn't say show me the money. I said show me the (expletive) money. Silvia stand up. Shout it out. Shout it out with pride. Come on.

Silvia Cairo Jordan - International Airlines Group - Head of Group Commercial Planning and Policy
Show me the (expletive) money.

Willie Walsh - International Airlines Group - Group CEO
All right. I'll bring you back to show me the (expletive) money. And we make no apologies for it. You know because we're in a new industry. And you've heard me talk about this. You've heard me talk about the airline industry being different. I honestly believe it is. Because it's no longer an industry that's driven by those capacity statistics, ASKs, people going out there talking about the way they're growing. It's an industry that's now driven by capacity balanced with unit revenue. Capacity balance by unit costs. Capacity balanced by return on investment. There are more and more airline leaders talk about return investment. So we're here to show you the (expletive) money today. Because look at what we're doing. We're increasing all of our targets. And we're increasing all of our targets because we are determined to deliver on them. We know we can deliver on them. We've got a proven track record of delivery. '

Although the quote is from the film Jerry Maguire I get the impression he thinks he is the new Gordon Gekko. He certainly demonstrates what he is concentrating on and it is certainly not service or the customer.