PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA delays at LHR - Computer issue
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2017, 10:58
swordfish41

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Confusion also surrounded passengers who had to travel with other airlines, with BA saying that booking “via different carriers would be at your own expense and would have to be claimed back through travel insurance”.
This is interesting, and i will be questioning this.
I was due to fly from Berlin to Heathrow on Saturday, staff had absolutely no communication with London, and all passengers on my flight were held at the airport until the scheduled boarding time to be told the flight was cancelled. The next day exactly the same thing happened, cancellation ten minutes before scheduled take off. I was then offered another seat the next morning that meant I would have to pitch up at Tegel at 6 in the morning. I decide to cut my losses and booked an Easyjet flight. On returning to the UK I checked to discover the third alternative flight I had been offered had left four hours late. I will claim for the Easyjet ticket and expect BA to reject it, but in my view it is an eminently reasonable action for me and anybody else to take. I think the courts would take a similar view. I'm still angry, but realise that in the cold late of day it might be unrealistic to think of pursuing BA through the courts. But they maybe wrong about what they could be liable for.