PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA delays at LHR - Computer issue
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2017, 11:01
Tight Accountant

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Planemike
One statement from BA made it sound as though they were doing their much delayed passengers some great favour rebooking them or refunding their money. I feel sure any Court in the land would find in the passengers favour in the circumstances that have prevailed over the weekend i.e. passenger turns up, airline cannot provide the contracted service due to their problems, I was going to say incompetence then decided to be kind !!!
A typical yes and no answer coming up. If BA offered to restore the passenger to their original position, i.e. rebook or refund, and the passenger refused, I doubt very much that a Court would find in the passenger's favour. If the passenger accepted BA's offer, then no further action. If the passenger went for financial losses incurred due to the strike, I suspect BA would either settle the matter based on its merits or turn around and say 'sod off' if the claim was unreasonable. I suspect BA's Terms & Conditions of carriage have a paragraph which runs along the lines of 'we will endeavour to get to you your destination, but in the event of force majeure (such as a Volanic Ash Cloud, lightening strike compromising our IT servers), tough titty'.