PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA delays at LHR - Computer issue
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2017, 17:34
BigFrank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It was Maggie wot did it !

Whilst in no way surprising, it is still ever so slightly disappointing to see quite how many posters on here have no idea whatsoever of the company involved in this fiasco.

Yes I know it used to be called BOAC/ BEA, and IMPERIAL Airways before that but, to quote my friend Wiki:

International Consolidated Airlines Group, S.A., often shortened to IAG, is a Spanish multinational airline holding company with its operational headquarters in London, England, United Kingdom and officially registered in Madrid, Spain.

A glance at the current list of directors and an exceedingly superficial analysis thereof leads me to conclude tentatively of the nationalities of the current board:

5/12 Spanish (including Chairman)
1/12 French
1/12 Irish (CEO)
5/12 British

though as the Frenchman is resident in Chelsea, we (sic) have the preponderance over the Spanish; morally if not quite numerically.

Next AGM in Madrid (natch, see above) in mid June with live streaming online.

Time to dig out those old shares ex-BA and hop on the AVE that morning for a jolly in New Castile?

Which reminds me, when I came to live here, BA were the only company who couldn't put my new address on to their database. ¡ No matter how many times I reminded them !

And since IAG finally started paying a dividend about 18 months back, trying to get the pesetas into the bank has been a nightmare.