PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tiger Moth incident at Brimpton
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2017, 08:29
JammedStab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by megan
That has to be one of the stupidest statements ever made by an aviator, or indeed, a human. Humans are not automatons, and it's part of human nature to err.

Obviously you are a skygod JammedStab, and I bow to your supreme status, depth of knowledge and wisdom. I'm thinking the only time you ever made a mistake was the occasion you thought you had made a mistake.
I wonder about your ability to comprehend a short statement. If I thought I was a Skygod, would I have said...
Originally Posted by JammedStab
Because I am smart enough to know that I am stupid enough to miss items.
Maybe the skygods are the pilots out there that according to other posts on this thread, are not using checklists. After all, why do we even have them in the first place? Perhaps for the non-skygods who do make mistakes. I believe that lesson was supposedly learned some 80 years ago in a B-17 crash where the flight controls were locked.

Originally Posted by megan
personally I can tell you from experience (20,000 hrs) it's no different. You make mistakes, the severity of them is what kills.
Very nice. But you have provided absolutely no info on what you do to compensate for this which could save lives. I have provided some info on what I do to compensate for having the same problem. Check your killer items for that particular type just prior to takeoff. You will find that it is something that is a redundant procedure for years and thousands of flights until it possibly(or possibly not) saves the day.

Last edited by JammedStab; 27th May 2017 at 09:36.