PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tiger Moth incident at Brimpton
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2017, 01:22
megan

Received 410 Likes on 213 Posts
This has to be one of the stupidest statements in aviation when it comes to accidents caused by pilot error
That has to be one of the stupidest statements ever made by an aviator, or indeed, a human. Humans are not automatons, and it's part of human nature to err. That's why much study has gone into human nature, and processes put in place to try and obviate their limitations. Even checklists have their limitations, but are an attempt to address human limitations. A study of what occurs on airline flight decks showed over a series of 60 flights that hundreds of mistakes were made, many of them involving checklists.

Obviously you are a skygod JammedStab, and I bow to your supreme status, depth of knowledge and wisdom. I'm thinking the only time you ever made a mistake was the occasion you thought you had made a mistake. Or are you really a human, like the rest of us error prone individuals?
Maybe it's different when you get there
Step Turn, personally I can tell you from experience (20,000 hrs) it's no different. You make mistakes, the severity of them is what kills.