PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF A380 Engine Fire
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2017, 22:32
AerialPerspective

Received 64 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Ken Borough
I'm pretty sure that -MBT was a Sydney-based aircraft so would in all probability operate ex SYD, MEL & BNE to Asia and SE Asia. It was a long time ago!

With respect to -MCF, I recall that there were a number of complaints from F class passengers as the 'arms' that lifted the nose door interfered with what could be seen from the windows. I can't remember if those seats were subsequently blocked from sale, or last allocated or what the fix was.

I never had the dubious pleasure of even seeing the TowerAir 747s but I think everyone from the CEO down were very pleased to eventually see the back of them. I don't think CA was ever forgiven!
Yes, that's right. I have this vision in my mind of the P Class Cabin and there was a window or two missing on each side where the door seam was located.

Not sure who CA was but I'm sure I'll remember if I think about it for long enough. We hated Tower Air and were aghast that the company had leased it or anything like it.

I do remember at the time it was when the government was putting extreme pressure on Qantas to provide capacity during the tourist boom and there was very little if anything available worldwide for lease, hence they had to take what they could get.