PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What costs does/should your employer cover?
Old 23rd May 2017, 06:37
Band a Lot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Metro man
I worked for a scumbag GA operator and on joining, the company wanted a two year commitment which I agreed to I also agreed to reduced salary for the first three months as money was tight. At the end of the probationary period I expected to go onto normal pay but when I asked I was told that reduced pay would be for another three months. I explained that this would have to be in writing and pay would then need to be above award to make up for it.

When this was not forthcoming they received my reduced service in return. After a month of this a pay rise was given, still below award but enough to make me stay while I was applying elsewhere.

After eleven months I finally left with a huge smile on my face. I then discover that no superannuation was paid into my fund and workers comp. wasn't being paid either.

There was no money to chase as debts were piled up left right and centre. About a year later operations ceased. Centrelink were investigating the owners for fraud as well.

Unfortunately twenty years ago this wasn't that unusual and even bigger GA operators expected a freebie from new joiners.
You are honestly saying you worked knowingly below the award? and then renewed that but "wanted it in writing"

Sorry you are a problem, will you break minimums just to have a job too? or go 50kg over MTW every flight?