PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin loses $767K a day.....for how much longer?
Old 21st May 2017, 23:51
virginexcess

Received 15 Likes on 1 Post
the 1900 days doesn't take into account bond maturity. Because our shareprice is so low, balance sheet so rooted and P & L in the toilet, he can't borrow any more money, at least not at sustainable interest rates, so he had to go to the bond market (junk bond market), and I assume those bonds will have a maturation date. As that date arrives he'll need to find another greater fool to get some money from to pay back the bonds.

I was watching wizard of lies last night, which is about the Bernie Madoff ponzi scheme. Can someone tell me how this is any different, other than the Virgin figures are in the public domain for all to see, yet everyone is still being dazzled by JB's personality.

People wonder how things like the Enron collaps can happen, yet here we are watching it unfold in slow motion. We all know what's happening, yet nobody is doing anything. It can only be that the dysfunctional makeup of the board has rendered it useless due to the competing interests of the major shareholders.