PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - And the Best A320 Contract in Europe is?
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2017, 09:29
drag king

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fpuentegomez
Certainly not VLG... They are not even close to acceptable conditions at times...
There is more to meet the eye, IMHO.

After the horrific 2016-summer fiasco, the airline is putting in place some measures to avoid repeating it. Life is much easier for everyone right now.

Money is a semi-sore point: you won't get even near those eJ's figures (not that they impress me too much, without taking a snapshot of an average-daily/monthly roster...) but you can count of some decent perks such as ZED for partner/kids (and now two more names with IB), extracrew for your weekly commuting and unlimited staff travel on VY network for up to eight people plus 24 standby-sectors of free eligibility.

Benefits: similar to those of a semi-legacy airline but I don't have anything to compare against to, so I wouldn't stress this too much. I am sure eJ & C. are not too far off.

Bases: obviously an almost-perfect match if you are a spaniard but not too bad for Italian, French, Dutch or even some Brits too.

Company's general attitude: well...is anyone 100% happy with theirs out there? Without going too much into details, I would like to see Paris-based folks be given BETTER terms in order to match the horrendous costs of living there and the CCs T&C bumped up a fair bit.

If you are young and/or single, without strings attached, free-spirited then this wagon might be worth jumping on. It surely was for me but be aware that I binned my rode-tinted specs loooong ago, so I am defo NOT biased.

Horses for courses folks!