PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Inrested in the other Corporate Pilot's input
Old 20th May 2017, 18:16
Miles Magister

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
It is a difficult position. FlyMD said it well. Is whoever asked you to do this challenging you because he thinks you do not pull your weight?

I actually used to come in and do it of my accord because I had used cleaning companies and I never found one who did it to my required standards, so I did it myself. The problem came when the boss had a trip with clients coming up and he asked me at very short notice to make sure it was clean like I did it when I did not have because of other tasks, that was the tricky bit.

If you do do it, and I think you should if only to avoid the conflict and be ready to fight another day on your terms, make sure that you have sufficient safety equipment in place.

CRM or workplace relationships extend over a very wide sphere and are difficult to manage, avoid conflict where possible so that when you really need to make a stand you can do it from a position of strength. It may not be your boss who has issued the request, it may be someone else.

MM