PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Inrested in the other Corporate Pilot's input
Old 20th May 2017, 09:11
md1011

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ayden6013A
I work for a Fortune 500 company. It is an excellent job, the pay is above industry standard 180K per year with matching retirement contributions, stock options and bonus pay - great medical/dental benefits. We have a slow period coming up where we have no flying for 2 weeks. I been asked to come in and polish the aircraft wings. I have no problem cleaning up the cabin and even doing a vacuum job and wipe down after a trip as we do not have a flight attendant. I have even sprayed the aircraft down with a hose to wash off de-ice fluid when we pull it in to our private hangar and refilled the LLAV from to time. Does the Corporate Pilot group think I an am being unreasonable when I feel it is demeaning to polish the wings, feedback anybody?
I,like any other,would get on with it, I aint overly special. If you fly a big big thing it would be fair to expect a colleague to foot the ladder as you climb up in your dungarees with your box of polishes and cloths. Enough said, or pin pulled ?