PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia recruitment
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2017, 10:27
Lack of interest

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi BPA, I am sure that many of the pilots are looking at that as an option, many are also looking to leave to pastures new. The trouble is we don't know if we are likely to get either Sydney or Melbourne in the future as they bases may be potentially allocated to others outside of seniority.

We understand that many before us have gone through base closures, I don't want to give too much away about my personal circumstances but can assure you I've been through similar and worse. People aren't too happy about having to move but realize it's a company decision, the upset is over the potential allocation of preferential bases outside of the GDOJ list. If the company simply sticks to this list and process, they would irradiate a lot of the ill sentiment. If they want to retain people on the ATR then they should recognise and reward this. Surely it'll be cheaper and less disruption for everyone if they simply incentivised those that they want to retain on the ATR. They have done this already with the check captains I believe. Offer the crew a base on the equipment they have bid for now even if it won't be active for 12 or 18 months in accordance with their GDOJ number. I must reiterate the point, nobody and I mean nobody on the ATR believes in special treatment or an allocation outside of seniority. All we want is for VA to stick to their word just once and honour the EBA that they agreed upon! Allocate in accordance with bids and seniority and incentise those that they want to retain on the ATR. It is a simple as that.