PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia recruitment
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2017, 03:12
Falling Leaf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Feds were very quick to set in stone what would happen come the day they ever replaced the 330 and 777 with a single wide-body type. Base protection I seem to recall. No-one would be displaced, everyone keeps their position and base.

As fast as they were doing this, they were ensuring that the E-jet would be treated as a 'retirement', not a 'replacement' (excuse me if the definitions are not correct, I deleted that email a long time ago in disgust), even though the company was touting that 'all E-jet flying would be replaced by the 737 ...'

To the Feds credit, they saw the lie for what it was.... the 100 seater capability was been retired from Virgin, not replaced, out shoring our jobs to other entities in a direct breach of the EBA.

It was also said the company were happy to keep E-jet pilot's in their bases, but this was quickly turfed by the union to allow 737 commuters to get back to Brisbane.

What would I have done differently? Perhaps called out the company on their blatant lies. Done a little research about what was claimed and what eventuated in WA (all E-jet flying will be done by the 737...), and how that is all just replaying now on the East Coast.

I understand the constraints of the EBA, but it seems only one side has to live under these restraints.