PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fly-In-Spain Jerez Hours Building Tips
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2017, 12:41
horus23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jerez is a good place to practice your R/T because the towers in Jerez and Seville are used to many student flights and they are really helpful. Seville approach frequency though gets really crappy sometimes, depending where you're flying (background noise, interference and so on, so might be difficult to understand sometimes but it's an easy airspace in that area).

Weather there is mostly great but I can't tell you during all year how it looks like exactly. I was there in November and then in January and there were just some days on weekends with strong winds that grounded me but that's all. If I had finished the study of all subjects I could have finished my PPL in 4 weeks, but I had to go back to work and return for another week, finish all exams and do my skills test. So I believe you can fly at least 3 hours a day easily. Try to fly 4 and then you will be able to complete in your timetable.

You will be flying mostly to Seville and Córdoba, if you feel confident doing longer trips you can go to Morocco, Portugal or farther in Spain. Just be sure you check the landing fees. It could go close to 180 euro in some airports like Barcelona and Madrid.

Cheers