PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Red Arrows display cancelled due to airspace infringement (merged)
Old 29th Aug 2003, 01:45
down&out

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G the W,

Get of MC's back, your comments about usability are fair but over the top. MC & other have done a great deal to make the AIS more useable. I myself have gone from being one the first people to say the new site was crap to being a supporter of it.

After 15minutes of reading how to use it & experimenting I can now quickly get all the NOTAMs I need for my flights, and using the narrow route briefing correctly they are now mostly relevant. I particularly like that you can get the briefing the day before and then just updates on the day – this saves a huge amount of time on the day of the flight.

If you want an archaic system try using Minitel in France - it took me 3/4 hour to read the 80 NOTAMs it produced for flight I recently did. (you can only read one NOTAM at a time, and sometimes you have to page down to finish the NOTAM off )

Sure the UK interface can continue to be improved, I'm also sure MC & others will continue to welcome constructive suggestions to do it - but given the complexity of learning to fly, the exams you have to pass to achieve it - there is now NO excuse for not being able to use the AIS system. Those that don't should not fly.