PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HNZ wins SAR in Oz
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2017, 05:04
Twist & Shout

Received 19 Likes on 5 Posts
It's sad to watch the "race to the bottom" with wages and conditions in Australia.
Like many places I'd imagine, it's a long hard road to get into a ME IFR job with good pay and conditions. To see the current climate/situation is very disappointing.

It appears the "new players" have either no "award" (EBA), or a pathetic one, that no current ME IFR pilot would voluntarily entertain. Then they pay as much as is required to get the pilots they need on a "secret individual basis". They can then erode these conditions over time. Again, without anyone knowing what anyone else is receiving .

When times are tough, they can get some guys for peanuts.

They just tell every pilot confidentiality, that "they are the highest paid pilot in the company", and "don't tell anyone, or they will want what you have!" Next it will be: "Yours is the smallest pay cut in the company, don't tell anyone else!"

One clueless HR department have glanced over one of the recently drafted "bottom of the barrel awards" and are, stupidly or dishonestly, (hard to tell most of the time) claiming it as the new industry standard.

An experienced, qualified, motivated, loyal, stable pilot group, is apparently valueless in the brave new world.

It's all a cycle. The big winners will be the SIM operators. A large pilot turnover makes them plenty of money.

Last edited by Twist & Shout; 13th May 2017 at 05:40.