PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Evolution Ideas ?
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2017, 05:35
perceval

Location: Laos,Kenya,Czech republic,IOM , Eire , France,CAR,Libya...etc..
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evolution Ideas ?

Hello Everyone !
I'd be interested to hear suggestions or past experience stories from the combined wisdom of my colleagues around the world. I've reached a bit of a static point on light twin-turboprop, having done pretty much everything from Instruction to bush flying, regional airlines to middle management ...etc...
Despite having hours (>10,300) , six different ATP's + extra courses, I can't seem to find a way to get onto the next 'thing' (a heavier TP such as the ATR/D8 or similar). Obviously I face nationality restrictions being European, but also a lot of ' minimum weight' hurdles which seem to be more and more common these days. I've obviously looked into getting a type rating but ... will it really improve my chances with no hours on type ?
On top of it all, there's extra limitations such as having a family and mortgage which prevent me from looking at 'just anything' (Bills have to be paid..etc..). We are, however, very flexible geographically .
Well , thanks for taking the time to read this and let me know if you have any bright ideas for a confused middle aged pilot.