PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What are the prospects if?
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2003, 18:41
baldwim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Say again.., thanks for your positive comments.

Obs Cop.. sorry, I didnt mean to hijack your question, just responding to your comment on unpaid instructors. Good luck with the CPL and instructor rating.

Say again..

I agree he must have been an idiot to say that. It was my first flight after a 5 year break from flying and was clearly very annoyed that he wasn't with an airline yet after one year from getting his CPL/IR. These people are out there, but are in the minority.

The class 1 problem is eyesight like thousand of others I imagine. Can't get passed the initial -5 limit but am well within the renewal limit of -8.

I also agree, getting the full CPL would be ideal but seems blocked.

I must admit , I haven't investigated what the CPL ground entails, or more importantly costs! Cost will be a major factor.

Maybe one day we will have PPL instructors again like they all were not so long ago when I was learning. All it is going to need is for the airline industry to pick up again big-time and all the instructors will dissappear. I cannot beleive there can be many out there to replace them who would really invest thousands of pounds after a PPL to obtain IMC/CPL/FI ratings to instruct for say £10/hour.

Well, it may well happen with me. I certainly wouldnt want to be frowned upon every time I was working. I was just hoping there would have been the possibility of working as an ordinary instructor for a school, for maybe a day or two a week, but just not on the payrole (maybe free lunch!). The students would be charged the same rate and neednt know. Maybe I could get paid for ground instruction?