PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Good luck surviving in HK on CX pilot pay scales.
Old 8th May 2017, 10:41
Trafalgar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sam, most of your posts seem to want to rationalise and excuse what has happened in HK over the years as it's to do with CX. Let's agree to disagree. As for our colleague who was asking the question, your original post (deleted) implied that 'we' were going to try and discourage him from coming, and that somehow 'we' were then being less than honest in our appraisal. However, you then go and discourage him yourself.

I also don't understand why you keep referring to other airlines. I came to work for CX, because they demonstrated they valued my skills and experience. Now they treat experience and skill like it has the same value as a greeter at Walmart. I wouldn't come to work for CX now, for that reason. And I wouldn't come to work for any of the others you mentioned either. The fact that they are willing to hire low experience for low pay is a tragedy of the business today, and one that will come back to bite them very hard at some point in the future. I am not willing to edify or validate that. We once had a worth, based on our prior experience and trials and tribulations lived in gaining that experience and judgement. Now, that doesn't seem to matter, which is why we have a significant number of dodgy landings, questionable approaches and general worrying trends developing. No amount of 'rationalisation' will change that.