PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Red Arrows display cancelled due to airspace infringement (merged)
Old 27th Aug 2003, 23:51
Aussie Andy
PPruNaholic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having re-skimmed the thread (ok, a cursory glance ), I am surprised to hear that our fellow-aviators in microlight aircraft perceive that they are generally thought of as second class citizens - not sure there is much on the thread to indicate this other than that there were - as a fact - microlights involved in the incursion at Elvington (as were, I believe, some regular GA aircraft and gliders)...

I wasn't previously aware of this shoulder chip! I for one always enjoy seeing microlights around airfields and in the air - it looks like fun! My only concern is that it also looks cold! In fact, from what I have heard in relation to actual flying of microlights, isn't it in some ways more challenging, partciularly in crosswinds, than e.g. PA28 etc. that I fly which - lets face it - you could probably teach your proverbial grandmother to fly..?

Sorry this is a bit off the main thrust of the thread... but just wanted to say microlighters: we love you too, so relax

Andy