PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - chartering a B737/A320 ?
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2017, 09:48
rammel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This price will include the fuel, crew and check in, ground handling etc. This price will most likely not include catering, passenger taxes etc. which could easily add up to $100-$150 per person per sector.

If this is for a longer term deal the prices may be cheaper, but the price may only drop once a certain number of flights have been completed.

For flights to Norfolk Island to possibly work, if the flight was maybe operated by VA from SYD or BNE but using an Alliance F70 and the flight only operates on a Saturday or Sunday (not both), this may work. It would need to depart at a time that would allow inbound connections from elsewhere. In my experience operating a flight to Norfolk Island from more than one city will end in tears.

While I want to see different operators make a go of things, I can't see Norfolk Island becoming a mainstream tourist magnet anytime soon.

I don't see how the Tiger example is different. Tiger chartered aircraft from VA and then they sold individual seats on the aircraft and this was one of the reasons that the Indonesians stopped them from flying to DPS. Once you begin operating a route to a schedule and have individual passengers paying for tickets the line between charter and RPT can get a little blurred. The five star round the world type charters are an example of this. Where the aircraft is chartered by a company and then individuals pay their money to the company who chartered the flight. By the letter of the law this is not allowed, but occurs on occasions. If you started flying the same charter flight to a schedule each week, then unless it was booked and paid for as an exclusive charter flight then I think it would be looked at closely.