PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2017, 16:30
Callsign Kilo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hold Pool

Nothing new here - after 18 months, people sank in 2009. Recruitment opened again mid 2010.

After 18 months, people sank in 2013 (myself included). Recruitment opened again in late 2014. Those previous 'swimmers' were all 'fast-tracked,' however it was back to Day 1.

LC was a good guy about it however being a professional, wouldn't share his honest opinion on the matter (obviously). Candidates, pilot recruitment & flight operations have to deal with the psychometric profiling piff-paff being line fed to HR, who appear to have the final say. 'It's the way that it's always been done at BA' was the common chorus that I heard at the time. After 12 months swimming you were on the cusp of not being the same person that was assessed. After 18 months you were deserving of a straight jacket!!

The second time around, someone must have seriously screwed up the numbers because with less than 12 months of 'sinking' and the horizon looking extremely bleak for DEPs, recruitment went warp factor 10!

I genuinely hope no one needs to go through this again. However I expect it means little to the powers that be. BA can open DEP recruitment at any stage and have an influx of applications.

Last edited by Callsign Kilo; 21st Apr 2017 at 16:42.